Wolford Chapel is where Elizabeth, John Graves and five of their children are buried. It was built as the family chapel in 1802 and, like The Old Court, is a place of pilgrimage for many Canadians visiting Britain.
Located on the site of an earlier chapel, its interior includes materials from the ruins of Dunkeswell church, which was later restored by Elizabeth. Three painted panels grace Wolford’s wall,, bearing the coats of arms for both the Simcoe and Gwillim families.
The burials and other memorials are inscribed on gravestones, which are placed around the base of the outside walls.
The Chapel and its collection of antique furnishings were donated in 1966 to the people of Ontario, whose flag flies over the site.